Please see attached the latest Ofsted report at the foot of the page.
The school had a Section 5 inspection in May 2018 and the inspector recognised the hard work undertaken in the previous two years. Whilst the overall judgment of the school was Requires Improvement, the inspection team saw the transformation that has taken place in such a short time, giving a Good judgement to Leadership and Management, and Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare.
Inspectors recognised that:
- Twickenham School has improved significantly over the past few years. As a result, the school has strong foundations for further improvement. 'This shows clearly that the capacity for growth is substantial’.
- ‘Strong leadership and clear procedures are making a noticeable difference to pupils’ outcomes’.
- ‘Effective and consistent management of the school’s procedures means that pupils’ attitudes are consistently strong’.
- ‘Leaders have well-developed systems for checking the quality of the school’s work. The capacity of leaders to sustain improvements is very strong’.
- The comprehensive shakeup of the curriculum has been a central plank in the school’s drive for improvement.
- Teaching quality has improved significantly from a very low base, and pupils’ achievement is improving.
- Governance is effective. The range of expertise represented on the local governing body is impressive.
- Pupils expect to work while in school and understand the sanctions system. They move around the school calmly and politely, and, for example, regularly hold doors open for others. This politeness helps to create a positive atmosphere across the school, ensuring that little time is lost moving from one classroom to another.
I am very proud of our students and staff. Our aim is to continue to improve to become Outstanding in all areas. We know we are very much on the way to attaining this judgement. As leaders, we know what we have to improve and how to do it. Ofsted recognises that 'Leaders have tackled inadequate teaching decisively and improvements are extremely well led across the school’.
We will continue to work hard to ensure that the outcomes for our children here at Twickenham School are the very best they can be. I would like to thank our families for their continued support and trust that you continue to believe in us the way you have.
Ms Assal Ruse, Headteacher