Reporting a Concern
If you are concerned about a child, you must share your concerns without delay by calling 020 8894 4503 or 07714 169005. You can also email one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads on DSL@twickenhamschool.org.uk For out of hours, please call Richmond Single Point of Access on 020 8770 5000 or Hounslow Single Point of Access on 020 8583 2600.
Key Safeguarding Personnel
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Nicola Green|
|Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead||
Liz Newling Ward
|Child Protection Governor||Mary Parker|
Designated Lead on LAC
The Governors and staff of Twickenham School fully recognise the contribution they make to safeguarding children. We recognise that all staff, including volunteers, have a full and active part to play in protecting our students from harm.
All staff and governors recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children through a culture of vigilance from all staff. Our staff code of conduct makes it clear that we expect the highest standards of care and support for all students. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where students feel secure, are listened to and are safe, as well as feeling respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
- The school will ensure that the welfare of children is given paramount consideration when developing and delivering all school activity
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm in accordance with this guidance including risks of radicalisation and sexual exploitation
- All pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support from the senior management of the school who will follow this policy guidance in doing so
- We believe that everyone who comes into contact with young people and their families has a role to play in safeguarding them
School Safeguarding Policy
Please refer to the Key Information Section on the school website for details of the up to date School Safeguarding Policy