Safeguarding and pastoral support is embedded into our values at Twickenham School. We are proud of our thorough and effective practice that has been recognised by OFSTED, Bourne Education Trust leaders and external agencies. We promote a climate in which students and adults feel confident about sharing any concerns they may have about their own safety and well-being or that of others. We also pride ourselves on promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion ('EDI') within our school community.
All students benefit from pastoral support systems from Year 7 right through to their steps of further education. The below demonstrates the daily support put in place that is available to every student.
|Headteacher (Designated Safeguarding Lead)||Assal Ruse|
|Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead||Sarah Bromly|
|Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead||Kate Thackeray|
|Safeguarding Officer||Alice Stone|
Being Safe in School and Beyond
Throughout tutor time, assemblies and PDC (Personal Development and Citizenship) lessons, students are taught how to stay safe in all aspects of life. Our curriculum covers topics including:
- Online safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Healthy relationships
- Living in the wider world
- Emotional health
- Economical health.
Throughout your child’s time at Twickenham School, all members of staff uphold high expectations of student conduct and integrity. All reports of misconduct or concern are investigated and recorded effectively. Please see our School Policies folder for further information.
Our Safeguarding Policy
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found under About/Key Information/School Policies.
Advice and information
- The Think u know website contains good e-safety advice for children, young people and parents/carers.
- On NSPCC Net Aware parents review kids’ social networks, apps and games.
- ParentInfo has a bank of resources and information. For example, their article on staying safe on Minecraft is useful.
- Online safety Presentation for Yr7 families by Peter Cowley (ICT and Online safety Adviser, Achieving For Children).