We encourage parents/carers to be involved in their child’s learning and the wider life of the school from the start.
- We ask parents and students to sign a home-school agreement.
- Information is shared with parents via the school website.
- We encourage all parents to make sure they have given us an email address and their mobile number – this enables parents to receive information. As well as improving communication, it helps to reduce the amount of paper we send home.
- The PTA meets half termly and meetings are attended by a member of the School’s Senior Leadership Team.
- We encourage parent feedback through regular surveys at parent consultation evenings.
- We encourage parents to use a note in their child’s planner as a means of communicating with subject staff. If a child is absent from School the reason for the absence must be confirmed in writing to the form tutor and we encourage the use of the planner for this purpose .